Last updated: April 12, 2020
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means any individual accessing or using the Service, or the Business, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable. You may refer to a Student User or Teacher Member.
- Business (referred to as either “the Business”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Cultivating Crossroads.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to Cultivating Crossroads, accessible from http:///www.cultivatingcrossroads.com.au
- Service refers to the Website and the educational services it provides.
- Country refers to Australia.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website
through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collecting and using your Personal Data
Types of data collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Information collected is that which is reasonably necessary for business activities. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, city, post code
- Email address
- Educational history and qualifications
- Bank account details (Teacher Member only)
- Usage Data
Personal information is collected through direct dealings with Us, as part of the registration or membership processes. Personal information gathered regarding You will be held securely by the Business, for the purposes outlined below. Personal information gathered regarding You, the Student User, will be held securely by You, the Teacher Member, in accordance with your service agreement and will be used for the purposes outlined below.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of your Personal Data
The primary purpose of data collection, holding and usage is for the provision of educational services.
The Business may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service
that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of
the purchase contract for the products or services You have purchased or of any other
contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent
forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To manage Your requests or complaints: To attend and manage Your requests or complaints to Us.
Sharing of personal information will generally only occur between the Business and You, the Teacher Member. This is for the purpose of responding to any requests or complaints made. As an Australian-based Business, there is no need for the sharing or storage of Your information outside the Country.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Business assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another Business.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third- Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of your Personal Data
Personal Data is stored in the following ways:
- On the website, through Your user account or profile. This information is minimal and You, the Student User, may use a pseudonym or first name only.
- On the personal computer systems of the Business Administration and You, the Teacher Member.
- On personal mobile phones (first name and mobile number only). This is for ease of communication between You, the Teacher Member and You, the Student User. Express written permission must be given by You, the Student User, to You, the Teacher Member before this is may occur.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Business may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Business may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Business
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your rights to access your Personal Data
You have the right to access the personal information held by Us and seek correction of it, as required. This may be achieved through the Business Administration (see Contact Us). Identity authentication will be required.
While Our Service does address students under the age of 18, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from them. We collect all Personal Data from the student’s parent or carer. By providing Us with the personal information of Your child, You are authorising the use of that information for the purpose of providing educational services. If You are a parent or carer and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Online lesson recordings
As part of Our commitment to Child Protection, it is required that all lessons conducted with students under the age of 18 be recorded. This is achieved through the Learning Management System. The recordings may only be viewed by You, the Student User or parent thereof, and You, the Teacher Member, as the service provider. Recordings are not to be made public without the express written permission of You, the parent, except for the purpose of dispute resolution. In cases of dispute resolution, these recordings may be viewed by Us, or an appropriate governing body, such as the Australian Tutoring Association.
Links to other websites
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.cultivatingcrossroads.com.au
- By phone: 0413 255 846
Any complaints regarding privacy matters will be attended to by the Business Administration. You will need to submit these complaints in writing. You will then receive written notification of our response, following an investigation, within 10 days. If You are unsatisfied with Our response, We will refer the matter to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation.
More information regarding privacy issues may be obtained from the Privacy Commissioner: www.oaic.gov.au (email: email@example.com) or call 1300 363 992 (Australia).